Friday 21 October 2016

Stereo Brain // Swn

Swn festival is something relatively new to me. Having only been in Cardiff a a few months it slipped me by last year. This year however I'm not missing it for the world.

I experienced the wonderful Dim Swn in April and volunteered for the day. I ended up working in Undertone where I met the great people at the Young Promoters Network. It was there that I found at how much of a community event Swn is. So many inner city music venues neglect the opinions of small local promoters, projects and venues, whereas here at Swn it was actively run by them.

Not only that it is by far and away one of the friendliest and welcoming festivals I've ever experienced. If you're passionate about music and bump into the right people you could spend all day talking to all the music fanatics floating around rather than actually seeing any bands! It was then through that talking I spoke to the folks running the YPN stage and hence became part of their great organisation.

Just over 6 months down the line its one hour until doors open on Swn Rise - the festival opening show at Tramshed - and I couldn't be more excited. I have so many bands I want to see and not only that, on Sunday I will be helping run the stage at Undertone again. Not as a volunteer but as a member of the team.

Cardiff has a wonderful music community and I urge everyone to jump at the chance to join in with it.

One day I hope there will be a Stereo Brain at this festival. Dim Swn represented a big turning point in my dream to put on shows and get involved in the music community and I want nothing more than to put everything I can back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment